At Our Lady Star of the Sea, we understand that children learn and develop in different ways. Teachers and Learning Support Assistants recognise this and use different teaching styles and resources to support learning. In addition to this, teachers plan different levels of work in the classroom to cater for the various ways in which children learn (Quality First Teaching). However, many children, at some time in their school life, need extra help. At Our Lady Star of the Sea we are committed to supporting children with SEND.
At Our Lady Star of the Sea School, we have experience of supporting children and young people with a wide range of need including:
- General Learning Difficulties – children whose learning progresses at a slower pace
- Speech and Language Difficulties
- Behavioural Difficulties
- Dyslexia (difficulties with reading, writing and spelling)
- Dyspraxia (problems with motor skills, organisation)
- Dyscalculia (difficulties with number work)
- Autism/Aspergers Syndrome
- ADD/ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Other Medical needs
The school provides data on the levels and types of need to the Local Authority. This is collected through the school census three times a year.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.