The budget allocation is agreed between our school and the Local Authority at the beginning of each financial year. Detail of how this money is used to support children and young people with SEND is shown below. This is monitored each term by the Governing Body.
Full details about the way in which funding is allocated to schools for special educational needs provision can be found on the County Durham Families Information Service website.
The SEN money is allocated through the school curriculum budget and is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- TA support in all classes
- Lexia reading program
- Read, Write Inc resources
- Practical educational resources (games, flash cards)
- Talk Boost resources and training
- Stationary (pencil grips, large lined paper etc)
- If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.