Welcome to Class 4a
We are a hardworking group of Year 6 children and Mrs Taylor is our teacher.
What we have been doing:
Our Earth and Space topic came to an end and we finished with by eating our final task! Oreo phases of the moon were a definite hit!
To finish our Gymnastics unit on travelling and movement we worked together to position the apparatus in interesting and challenging ways.
This term we have worked hard to create a performance dance in PE based on the emotions felt during exams and using a Chair as a Prop
The order of the full dance –
- Entrance/making way to chair – full of emotions when walking into an exam.
- Emotions paired section to show the emotions felt before the exam starts.
- Unison section where we worked together as a class to perfect a routine.
- Celebration Movement on the chair – individual moves to express how we feel after the exam.
- Exit chair when the exam is over.
- We had a fantastic time learning about animals and their habitats! Some of us were really brave and held/stroked some of the creatures.
- In PE we have been learning about balance. Working in pairs we created some great ‘counter tension’ and ‘counter balance’ poses!
- The local fire brigade popped in to give us some advice on staying safe during Bonfire night. After a safety talk we had great fun pretending to put the fires out!
- As part of our music lessons we have enjoyed working with the year 5 children to make our own handmade ‘rhythm sticks’. We have then used these to explore Maya music and to create accompaniment for a range of different songs we are learning.
- Within our Maya history topic we had a fun filled afternoon making, cooking and eating traditional Maya food! We created a bitter spiced dark chocolate drink, chunky guacamole and some corn tortillas! Opinions on whether we liked the taste were divided but I can safely say we all gave them a try!
- Since returning in February we have conducted a number of science experiments involving different materials. We have investigated those which can dissolve, those which make good insulators and finally developed ways of separating different material mixtures using a range of filtering, magnetic attraction and heat processes.
- As part of our ‘Light’ science topic we conducted a number of experiments involving electrical circuits. Combining these with a DT project we ended the topic by designing and making a Christmas themed light box. All with their own working lights .
Please feel free to take a closer look at the teaching methods in Class 4:
Please view or download our Curriculum Map:
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.