Welcome to Class 3
We are a mixed Year 2/3 group of children and Mrs Horner is our teacher.
What we have been doing:
Class 3 had a great first day back! We started the day with a puzzle. We had to discuss and try different strategies to save Fred from his capsized boat but we were only allowed to touch 4 paper clips. It was a little tricky but we got there in the end and the best part was we got to eat the sweets!
- Stone Age Topic
Class 3 have had a brilliant half-term studying the Stone Age. We have researched Skara Brae, created designs of Stonehenge in oil pastel, (and biscuits!) used natural materials to create cave paintings and completed a Stone Age investigation at the Great North Museum. Great fun!
- As always, we have loved celebrating Chinese New Year.We did lots of research about the zodiac story and the children did some non-fiction writing about the Year of the Dog as part of their English curriculum.I think their favourite part of our celebration was making and eating the spring rolls….not forgetting the sweet chilli sauce!
- The children have enjoyed learning about the Ancient Egyptians and exploring the life of Tutankhamun.We got creative and made our very own Egyptian masks.I think they look great!
- In Year 3 they have been working really hard on multiplication and division. We have used lots of practical resources and games to help us.
- The children really enjoyed creating their own instructions for a marvellous medicine using George’s Marvellous Medicine for inspiration.
- In science we carried out an experiment investigating whether a plant would grow in different conditions. Some children placed theirs in a dark place while others placed theirs in the fridge. They were like real life scientists recording their results and making a conclusion about their findings.
- We have been learning some interesting facts about the Stone-age people this half term.
- Sensei John came to pay us a visit again this year to teach us some fantastic Judo moves.
Our Teaching Methods
Please feel free to have a look at our teaching methods, including our approach to reading:
Download our Curriculum map to find out what is being taught in Class 3:
C3 Subject Curriculum Map
C3 Autumn newsletter
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.