Governors work closely with headteachers, school staff and representatives from the local authority (LA).
Committee Structure and Attendance
Please view the following document for our Governor Structure:
- Governor Structure from September 2019
- Governor Structure from September 2018
- Governor Structure from September 2017
- Governor Structure from January 2017
- Governor attendance at Governing Body Meetings 2019-20
- Governor attendance at Governing Body Meetings 2018-19
- Governor attendance at Governing Body meetings 2015-17
Statutory Guidance for Governing Bodies
Our Lady Star of the Sea School adheres to the statutory guidance from the Department of Education. This means that governing bodies must have regard to it when carrying out duties relating to the constitution of governing bodies in maintained schools.
For further information please view or download the full document below.
- Annual Governance Statement for the Governing Body 2017
- Annual Governance Statement for the Governing Body 2016
How To Become A School Governor
If you require further information on the roles and responsibilities of School Governors or you are interested in becoming one, visit the Durham County Council website School Governor section.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.